Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Crowdfunding Fail

My crowdfunding campaign turned out a failure. It had a good run though. There were a lot of things I hadn't taken into consideration before going into it.

My goal amount was $4000.00 and I only ended up with $616.00. The actual pledges amounted to $1200.00 but the total ended up with $616.00 because of declines due to backers making a pledge to the project but when it came to funding the project and processing the pledges, the backer had no way to pay for it. 

I'm thinking of getting the project on another crowdfunding site. Now that I've experienced what it is like to do a campaign, I will prepare well for the next one and not do a half-assed job.

Anyway, I am thankful for all 14 backers and all the other people in my social network who helped spread word about my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment