Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Welcome To Awesome Science!

Awesome Science is basically one girl who goes by the name Donna Longstocking. I am that girl.

I am fascinated by science and technology and mostly always disturbed and frustrated by scientific ideas that won't leave me alone. Ideas that I think could be solutions to some basic problems in society. I have drawn out a couple of these ideas and have written them down in some of my bazillion notebooks scattered around my room, complete with some theories on what methodologies to research on and to employ in my "thought lab experiments".

I have been trying to organize some of these ideas into writings as proposals for grant contests, which with most, I fail to reach the submission deadlines because of other things that keep me busy. Like work and depression.

I have been thinking of making a blog about this passion of mine but have been putting it on hold for a couple of months because I'm almost always busy with trivial matters that tend to get me lazy when it comes to my passions.

However, I stumbled upon this New York Times DIYbio article, which got me into an inspiration frenzy. Got me thinking to start doing experimental testing on my own rather than wait for months to submit an idea to an organization that doesn't really care with what I want to achieve with my research, with the hope of winning a grant (if fortunate enough) so I can start to work on it. DIYbio really opened my mind that I can do this right now and not wait for anyone else to start my research.

So, join me in my adventures in my home laboratory. The thought absolutely thrills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment