Monday, January 23, 2012

Preliminary Bioassay

I'm doing a preliminary bioassay and I'm starting today. It's just actually an informal assay hoping to see if my alternative infant formula would have a direct effect on the health of infant mice by measuring their weights. The idea is to feed three groups (with 5 mice in each group) of infant mice (aging 12-15 days)  for the next two months with free-for-all hamster feed (I have no access to Lab Block so I guess hamster feed will do), two different milk formulas and water. The first group would be fed with my formula, second group would be fed with a popular infant formula brand, and the third group with just water (my control group supposedly). The idea is to compare the weights of the three groups of mice after two months.

This is gonna be challenging. 

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment